Monday, September 29, 2008

High School-esque Christian Survey

I remember being in high school and filling out these things and sending them to my friends all the time. I'm not really into them now, but I was feeling really bored this afternoon, had gotten a lot of work done, and needed a short break :). Enjoy! And if you read this, feel free to fill it out yourself because I am more interested in others' answers than mine.


Have you been Saved? Yes


Have you been Baptised? Yes


Which church do you attend? Presently, Biltmore Baptist Church


Do you read your Bible daily? I make a concerted effort to, though I would be lying if I said I did read it every single day. I always feel a small sense of emptiness when I don't. I should, and I’ve been doing a lot better as of late.


Where is your Bible right now? It’s at home on the floor right beside my bed


Which version of the Bible do you read? Usually the New American Standard. I also have an NIV and a NKJ New Testament


Whats your favorite book in the Bible? I like John a lot because of the way Jesus is described. Also, Romans. It’s the first missionary support letter ever sent to the church and Paul portrays the Gospel very straightforwardly, which I like. Honestly, though, I don’t really like picking a favorite because they’re all part of God’s Word. God’s Word is my favorite, how 'bout that :).


Do you listen to Christian Music OUTSIDE of Church? Of course! I’d rather listen to Christian music than non-Christian music.


Favorite Biblical Person? Jesus Christ


Why? Because He is the living Lord and Savior who died on the cross for my sins and was resurrected on the third day.


Anything you just dont understand? Sure…a good chunk of Revelation.


Would you name your child after someone in the Bible? Yes…there are a lot of names from the Bible that I like for both genders.


Favorite passage? Again I hate playing favorites but here are some that I do love. I really love Psalm 67. This might seem cliché, but John 3:16. Romans 1:16, Isaiah 43:1-3, Romans 8:38-39. Those are just that stand out to me right now. I’m sure if asked again I’d have plenty more come to mind


Do you pray a lot? Matthew 6:5.


Define prayer: In my own words: talking to God by means of praising Him, giving Him thanks, confessing sins before Him and asking for forgiveness, interceding for others, sharing with Him the innermost desires of the heart, and asking Him requests.


Are your friends Christians? Most of them are. I have some non-Christian friends too.


What do you think of other religions? John 14:6: “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through Me.”


What is your strongest Spiritual Gift? According to the little online spiritual gifts test, administration was my strongest followed by teaching. But from what I’ve heard other people say, I think teaching might be the strongest. It really doesn’t matter, though :). I am happy to have any spiritual gifts that God would so graciously bestow on me


Do you share the word of God with others? Yes


Do you believe in Reincarnation? No! Hebrews 9:27 says “And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment”


When was the last time you read the Bible? Well, if you count me looking up Hebrews 9:27 on biblegateway.com, a few minutes ago. But the last time I really sat down and read a good portion of the Word was last night.


When was the last time you went to Church? Yesterday


Do you go to sunday school? We don’t call it that, but yes.


Do you participate in your Church activities? Yeah


Do you tithe? I give when God lays it on my heart to do so.


Do you think it's best to let your children find their own way? What other alternative is there? No one is born into being a believer. You aren't instantly a Christian because you were born to Christian parents. We’re all born drowning in our sin. It is up to God to pluck us out of the water and save us. Of course, my children will grow up learning the Truth, but ultimately their salvation is between each of them and God.


Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? Absolutely


Do couples that pray together stay together? If they’re married, they should. Because marriage is a lifelong covenant with God and should not be taken lightly. I think that married couples who put God in the center of their marriage (which of course includes praying together) are very far less likely to divorce. If couples are not married, however, they should still put God at the center of their relationship meaning that they should only stay together as long as they both mutually feel that God is heading the relationship toward marriage. If God says “no”, then the relationship should end.


Do you find yourself in tears quite often in Church? Honestly, no. But I am not one of those people who cries a lot about anything, whether it be something positive or negative. There have been a few instances, though…

No comments: